Date & Time
June 20, 2021
10.00am – 11.00am
Secondary & Pre-U
15 – 18 years old
89% of universities in the UK use personal statements as part of their initial decision making.
Are you stuck on where to begin when writing your personal statement? Do you need to know what the criteria are and what would impress admissions officers?
A personal statement is a written piece that shows admissions officers why you are the right candidate for their university in the UK. Since you’re only allowed to submit one statement for multiple universities, students often find it challenging as they are given a vague idea on how to structure it. Given that every student is different, and has their own strengths, it is important to know exactly what admissions officers are looking for.
A poorly-written personal statement could be the reason why a candidate is rejected by a top university, so it is best to not put it off until the last minute. Practice Prepworks’ proprietary 6-paragraph personal statement structure, which has gotten hundreds of students into their first and second choice universities.
After the workshop, participants should be able to:
- make the best start at writing their personal statement
- understand how to structure their personal statement
- gain insight on what important content should be included
- write more fluently and improve their quality of writing
- gain secret tips in how to express themselves in the best light
- know how to trim their content to fit the character limit effectively